Friday, October 2, 2009

Dolores Park in the Wild!


Dolores Park (2)
Originally uploaded by JRoKnits
Can I say that if it is just me? I wore it out to Michael's today...nobody said anything to me, but I did catch a few people looking at it. They were jealous...I know.

I digress. Today is chilly. I refuse to say "cold" because I, being a Minnesotan, know what cold is. 46 degrees F isn't "cold", but it is chilly. Chilly enough that I felt the urgent need to break out the Dolores Park Cowl and Axel's Fingerless Mitts.

I made the cowl last May and the mitts not too long after, I think. It's Malabrigo Chunky in Stonechat (which by the way is MY color) and it's heavenly. The cowl is perfect to wear with my jean jacket and my fall jacket as long as I sheild it from the Velcro. It still looks perfect but the mitts are a bit pilly from wear. I can handle that though.

These were just the perfect touch to keep my feeling good on my little trip over to Michael's. Patons Classic is on sale for $3.99 a ball through tomorrow. I could not resist, but I didn't go crazy.

I bought 6 skeins of Mercury, a new colorway that looks...well, like mercury. It's a deep silvery blackish gray almost a hint of dark blue kind of shade, if you get my drift. And it's a solid. I can see this as some sort of sweater. Pullover or cardigan is yet to be determined.

I also bought two skeins of Dark Gray Mix and Burnt Orange. The gray is a weakness of mine. For some reason, that colorway is supremely soft, much softer than some of the others. I also made my Oblique (best sweater EVER) with the Dark Gray Mix. It's my fave.

Lastly, I got two skeins of a new colorway, Burnt Orange. It's a great shade of orange, but it's a solid and I have my eye on the Lines and Circles Cravat from Leigh Radford's new book, One More Skein. Because it's shown in a kettle-dye, that's what I have my heart set on. I picked up some orange Wilton's icing dye and I'm going to overdye the lovely solid orange with a slightly darker shade of red-orange and hopefully achieve a sort of monochromatic tonal effect.

Oh, and I got what looks like the best pumpkin scooper in the entire world! At least I hope so. It's huge, it's metal, it has teeth on the edge...I'm very hopeful.

Off to skein some orange yarn...wish me luck!

No comments: